|Built on the site of a church that probably dates back to the 15th century, the current structure was rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755. It was extended considerably in the 19th century.
The chapel of Senhor dos Passos (Lord of the Stations of the Cross) contains gilded carvings in the taste of the second half of the 18th century and there are paintings from the 17th century depicting saints.
Among the statues to be seen, those of the arcanjo São Miguel (Archangel Michael), São Libório (St. Liborius) and Santa Eufémia (St. Euphemia), dating from the 18th century are worth mentioning.
The statues in the sacristy are from the same period. In the baptistery there is a neo-classical retable in marble.
The churchyard is a good vantage point to admire the surronding countryside and the sea.