Museu do Caramulo
Located up in the Serra do Caramulo hills, and surrounded by rich vegetation through which there are marvellous views out over the countryside below, is this highly unusual museum. Its exceptional collection of 65 automobiles was begun by one of the Museum's founders, João de Lacerda. They include historic examples such as the armoured Mercedes and Cadillac that spent long years in the service of the Portuguese dictator António de Oliveira Salazar, a Pegaso Sport, given by General Franco to President Craveiro Lopes and the Bugatti 35B in which Lehrfeld achieved a land speed record of over 200 km/h back in 1931.
In wonderful states of preservation and all ready to roll, even the oldest cars in the Museum continue to mark their presence at the leading European rallies and races held for such cars.
The Museum further includes an impressive art collection. This includes four 16th century Tournai tapestries depicting the Portuguese voyages of discovery, Flemish paintings and paintings given by Dali, Picasso and Vieira da Silva in addition to valuable sections on furniture, porcelain and silver.