Museu Luso-Hebraico de Abraham Zacuto - Sinagoga
Museums and Palaces
The temple was commissioned by Infante D. Henrique, Henry the Navigator, for whom the Jewish community financed part of the Discoveries project.
With the expulsion of the Jews from Portugal in 1496, the synagogue was closed down. It was then used for various purposes until 1920, when it was bought by Dr. Samuel Schwarz, who donated it to the State, on the condition that the Museu Luso-Hebraico was installed there. Various precious objects related to Judaism are on display.