Museu Militar do Buçaco
Museums and Palaces
The building, extended and reorganized on 1962, sits next to the Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Vitória e Almas (Our Lady of the Victory and Souls) that was used by the Barefoot Carmelite Monks as a field hospital where they attended the wounded of the battle without any distinction of nationality. The display consists of several pieces of armament, equipment, uniforms and others related to the Peninsular War in general and the Battle of Buçaco, in particular.
Some other sites can be visited as the monument to the battle (dated 1873), the Sula windmill-command post of General Craufurd, the Moura windmill-command post of Marshal Massena, Commander-in-Chief of the French forces and the command post of General Duke Of Wellington, Commander-in-Chief of the anglo-portuguese army.