Forte de São Brás
The Fort of São Brás was built in the 16th century, during the Filipine period, in order to defend the town. The old cannons are still on display.
An obelisk design by architect Raúl Lino (1879-1974), in the form of a sentry box, pays homage to the commander Carvalho Araújo.
Next to the main entrance of the Fort, the Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, erected in the 18th century, houses a 16th century statue of Santa Luzia, originating from the primitive church that existed in the same location.