Quinta do Circo
On the southern slope of Serra da Estrela (protected area of the Natural Park), 800m altitude in the valley of Cortes river / Penhas da Saúde and Varanda dos Pastores, is located Quinta do Circo.
The name "" Quinta do Circo "" derives from "" Quinta do Cerco "" property surrounded by shepherds paths / canadas . The convenience of language led people to use "" Circo "" instead of ""Cerco "" and if secularly was called “Quinta do Circo”, will remain so , in respect for tradition and the use of popular language .
The river at the bottom of the farm, with natural pools in the summer and the sound of its waters in winter, the snow, cover in white throughout the farm, the surrounding vegetation and the houses of the village, the saw cut in land terraces, still farmed, the Varanda dos Pastores and the grandiosity of Serra da Estrela which stands before us, the canadas (shepherds paths) still marked, the village lit up at, make this property a unique place.
The tinkling of sheep bells grazing on the hills in front of the Houses and the birds chirping are the sounds that awaken the morning on.
Here you can enjoy unforgettable moments of peace and harmony with nature and learn about natural heritage of outstanding beauty.
“Quinta do Circo” has 3 Rural Tourism Houses: Casa da Levada, Casa das Tílias and Casa da Figueira.
Located 500m from the village of Bouça .
The houses are distant 20km from the top of the mountain Penhas da Saúde / Tower by national road, through Covilhã. Have direct access to Penhas da Saúde ( 8km ) with SVUs .
The farm, overlooking the village and Serra da Estrela has 2ha of agro forestry crops and gardens. Has swimming pool (10mx5m) with toilet / dressing room, ping- pong table, and various utensils, agricultural tools and artifacts.
ACTIVITIES / WHAT YOU CAN DO :
- Being a pastor / follow the shepherd with flock (activity to match)
- Participate in seasonal agricultural activities ( make a vintage wine, brandy, the harvest , the mesh , the olive harvesting , sowing potatoes ... )
- Participate in the making of bread and traditional cakes .
- Walk freely through the Canadas / paths of the shepherds and the vacant areas of the Sierra , leaving the discovery of the fauna and flora of the region .
- Participate in activities / events energized by the Associations of the village and in traditional celebrations .
- Visit historical places of interest and leisure , within walking distance of Fifth .
- Practicing skiing and winter sports
- Playing board games ( tennis , checkers, chess ... )
- Read (the house has a small library)
- Do nothing / practice idleness . Rest / relaxation compressed everyday life.
6215-121 Cortes do Meio / Covilhã
- Characteristics and Services
- Room facilities
- Other informations
Registration No.: 4322
GETTING THERE :
Exit A23 at Covilhã South toward Tortosendo , head towards Unhais da Serra, 9km after spending Tortosendo go out to Cortes do Meio / Bouça , when you see the sign Bouça 10 meters before the board there is a sharp rise . Rise, move on and when it finds a " V " following the path of right. Enter into a dirt road , always follow straight for + - 500m until you find a green gate and the inscription " House of Pleasure Circus Rural