Inaugurated in September 2009, the Casa das Histórias Paula Rego is the result of the combined efforts and strong determination shown by both the Cascais Municipal Council and the artist herself, who lived for a long time in Estoril. The museum (...)
In 1993, Lisbon Council founded the Casa Fernando Pessoa in the building in which the poet lived during the last years of his life. Fernando Pessoa is regarded as one of the world's greatest poets.The aim of this institution is to encourage the (...)
The museum’s collection consists above all of the ceramics produced over the years at the Bordalo Pinheiro Ceramics Factory, containing originals and copies of pieces designed and made by the artist in the late 19th century.
The museum has a valuable collection of 20 and 21 C Portuguese art, including painting, sculpture, drawings, photographs and engravings, and also contains the most representative collection of works by Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso (1887-1918). It also (...)
Centro de Interpretação da Batalha de Aljubarrota - CIBA
The Battle of Aljubarrota Interpretation Centre (CIBA) is a project that has been developed by the Fundação da Batalha de Aljubarrota in order to protect and enhance the heritage of the Military Camp of São Jorge.Located in the village of São Jorge, (...)
Sagres or the Promontorium Sacrum. This location evokes the memory of the Infante D. Henrique and the Portuguese discoveries. The southwesternmost point in the European continent, was already referred to in antiquity as the Promontorium Sacrum, (...)
This museum's permanent collection includes paintings by Arpad Szenes (1897-1985) and Maria Helena Vieira da Silva (1908-1992), which are housed in the old silk factory founded in 1734, in the reign of D. João V. Beautiful mulberry trees were (...)
The Sacavém factory was founded in 1856 by Manuel Joaquim Afonso and later carried on by John Stott Howorth, James Gilman and Clive Gilbert. It became famous for its production of faience, considered from the start to be one of the best in Europe. (...)
It became known among people at the time as the "New Factory", after being founded in 1914 by António José Oliveira Júnior, a well-regarded personality in São João da Madeira who was awarded by the then government a diploma for Industrial and (...)
*Please wait*The password recovery instructions will be sent to your e-mail.*E-mail not sent. Try again.
Login using social networks