Number of results: 1187
MonumentsTorre do Relógio - CaminhaClock TowerCrenellated tower belonging to the medieval city walls, classified as a national monument. The tower bestrides one of the old city gates, in the form of a double arch.
MonumentsTorre do Relógio - TentúgalClock TowerDates from the fifteenth century. Built on a square plan with a Gothic style door and battlements, classified as a building of public interest.
MonumentsTorre do Relógio VelhoClassified as a National Monument, the Torre do Relógio is a quadrangular stone building, crowned by chamfered battlements and surmounted by a conical spire with 16th-century decoration.
MonumentsTorre do Relógio - VidigueiraClock TowerContains a bell dating from 1520, installed on the orders of Vasco da Gama, the Portuguese navigator who discovered the maritime route to India and the first Count of Vidigueira.
MonumentsTorre dos Alcoforados
Telephone: +351 255 810 706
Fax: +351 255 810 709
MonumentsTorre dos ClérigosGenuine baroque work by Nicolau Nasoni, an ex-libris monument of the city of Porto.The Church of Clérigos (Ecclesiastics) is a genuine baroque masterpiece dating from the mid-18th century. It was designed by Nicolau Nasoni, an architect of Italian (...)
Telephone: +351 222 001 729
MonumentsTorre dos FerreirosThe Torre dos Ferreiros, classified as a national monument, reflects advances in medieval defensive techniques, with a portcullis and curved entrance passage.
MonumentsTorres de São Paulo e da CadeiaTorre de Sao Paulo and Torre da CadeiaPart of the medieval city walls, today the seminary bell tower.
MonumentsUniversidade de CoimbraA centre of learning, par excellence, the University of Coimbra was founded in 1290 and is one of the oldest in Europe, and was classified World heritage site by UNESCO; this classification includes also the Uptown and Sofia Street.Founded in 1290 (...)
Telephone: +351 239 859 800
Fax: +351 239 825 841
MonumentsUniversidade de ÉvoraThe creation of the University of Évora dates back to the sixteenth century when in 1450 the Cardinal D. Henrique, 1st Archbishop of Évora, with the consent of King João III, ordered the construction of a building to house the (...)
Telephone: +351 266 740 800
Fax: +351 266 740 806