Castelo do Lindoso
The village is situated on a slope overlooking a narrow gorge in the River Lima valley. At the top there is a castle that is mentioned in thirteenth-century documents.
Due to its geographical location near the frontier, the place has always had great military importance for Portugal, particularly during the War of Restoration between Portugal and Castile in 1640.
Alternately in Spanish and Portuguese hands, it was only in 1663 that the fortress finally became the property of Portugal, and in this final phase of the war it was turned into a small fort, whose walls and watchtowers are still intact.