Convento de Santa Clara em Évora
The Monastery of Santa Clara was founded in 1452 by the Bishop of Évora, D. Vasco Perdigão.
In observance of the rules of St Francis, one of the persons who lived in the convent was Princess D. Joana, daughter of Henrique IV of Castille and fiancé of the King of Portugal, D. Afonso V.
Other important features of the interior include the pre-and proto-baroque mural paintings of the church's vaulted ceiling.
The Church currently houses the provisional nucleus of Évora Museum, while the latter is closed for remodelling works.