Capela das Aparições - Fátima
The first mass to be held there was in 1921.
Although subject to certain changes, due to preservation and maintenance requirements over recent years, the modestly sized chapel retains its rough design similar to a simple hermitage.
The image of Our Lady marks the spot of the holm-oak tree, the site of the apparitions. The actual tree itself disappeared piecemeal as more fervent believers made off with it twig by twig. It was here that the shepherds came to say the rosary accompanied by other believers.