Capela de Nossa Senhora da Torre
Representing a lookout and one of the city´s entrances, the Tower of Santiago still retains its medieval appearance contrasting with the rocaille style added to the northern façade. This is divided into two: the upper section is dominated by the stone clock and the bell tower. Below there is the Oration to Our Lady of the Tower added in the 18th century.
The chapel is the work of André Soares with its building as an act of thanks to the Virgin for protecting the college in the great earthquake of 1755 that wrought destruction nationwide.
To the north there is the Largo de São Paulo with the imposing Jesuit College of Santiago with its direct link to the Tower even if these passages are now blocked off. On the left, there is the main entrance to the College and the Palace of Falcões.
4700 - 001 BRAGA