02 Dec 2015
Michelin 2016: 14 Restaurants and 17 Michelin Stars for Portugal
The Michelin Guide for Spain and Portugal has announced the selection for 2016, in which Portugal has retained its 17 Michelin stars in 14 Portuguese restaurants, albeit with certain changes.
In this edition, the restaurant L’And Vineyards in Montemor-o-Novo in the Alentejo region lost its star, but there was a new entry on the list, earned by chef Rui Silvestre at the Bon Bon restaurant in Carvoeiro in the Algarve.
Despite a change of chefs in the middle of the year, the restaurants Casa da Calçada in Amarante in the North of Portugal, and the Fortaleza do Guincho in the Lisbon region kept their Michelin stars.
** Michelin Stars 2016
- Ocean (Armação de Pera), Hans Neuner
- Vila Joya (Albufeira), Dieter Koshina
- Belcanto (Lisboa), José Avillez
* Michelin Stars 2016
- Casa da Calçada (Amarante), Vítor Matos
- Eleven (Lisboa), Joachim Koerper
- Feitoria (Lisboa), João Rodrigues
- Fortaleza do Guincho (Cascais), Vincent Farges
- Henrique Leis (Almancil), Henrique Leis
- Il Gallo d’Oro (Funchal), Benoît Sinthon
- L'And Vineyards (Montemor-o-Novo), Miguel Laffan
- Pedro Lemos (Porto), Pedro Lemos
- São Gabriel (Almancil), Leonel Pereira
- Willie’s (Vilamoura), Willie Wurger
- Bon Bon (Carvoeiro), Rui Silvestre